- What is a Tribute Fund?
- How do I set up a Tribute Fund for my loved one?
- What do I have to do once my page is set up and friends and family are notified?
- How will a Rays of Sunshine Tribute Fund help others?
- How do I tell my friends and family about my page?
- Can I change the page later?
- What about security?
What is a Tribute Fund?
A Tribute Fund is a positive and simple way for friends and family to remember a loved one and in their name help Rays of Sunshine to grant wishes for children with serious or life limiting illnesses.
How do I set up a Tribute Fund for my loved one?
It is very easy to set up a Tribute Fund and create a page that is personal to your loved one. You will need a valid email address and you will also need to login or register to our site, if you have not already done so. Registering should only take a couple of minutes - though you will need access to your email to activate your account. Once you are logged in, you will just need to enter the name of the person you are honouring and write something about them and add a photograph, if you would like.
What do I have to do once my page is set up and friends and family are notified?
As the person who has set up the Fund, you will be able to do the following things when logged in:
- write journal entries
- upload photographs - there is a maximum limit of 24 photos
- delete any Visitors' Book entries that have been written by visitors to the site and which you feel are inappropriate.
You and visitors to your page will also be able to:
- write in the Visitors' Book
- set up secondary funds for any event and/or occasion where you or they would like to make a collection for the Tribute Fund. So, if someone in your family is getting married or one of your friends is running a marathon, they can set up their own page and all the money that they raise through their event will be credited into the Tribute Fund you have set up.
How will a Rays of Sunshine Tribute Fund help others?
Every pound raised for the Tribute Fund comes directly to Rays of Sunshine to help us to grant wishes for children with serious or life limiting illnesses.
Every pound raised for the Tribute Fund comes directly to Rays of Sunshine to help us to grant more wishes.
How do I tell my friends and family about my page?
Simply log into your administration area to email your friends and family using our email tool.
Can I change the page later?
Once your page is published you can use the admin area to change:
- your message
- your journal
- your photographs
- send more emails to friends and family
- change your password or email address.
What about security?
You will be using a secure connection to create your page and a password-protected account will be set up for you to make any changes.